Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Until We Meet Again!

Hello, friends!

This will be my last post until after Advanced Excel, unless Chrissy does something about it! :) I am almost done packing and I have made excellent progress on my pile of letters that I did not reply to from friends who had written to me in the last six months! I have a simply nasty habit of letting them sit a long time before I reply, and then when I get around to them there is a whole stack so I takes me a while!! I definitely need to conquer procrastination!!


Oh, well, I am really looking forward to AE, and I would definitely appreciate your prayers for safety during my flight down there on Monday morning, and then for continued enthusiasm and endurance during the course! I want to be able to learn all that I can while I am at DMC as I remain open to all that God wants to teach me!


On Friday and Saturday, three of my brothers (Matthew, Caleb, & Ezra), my dad, and I are going to Watertown, WI, for the Annual Great Lakes Music Festival at Maranatha Baptist Bible College. We went last year with some friends of ours and we all had a very nice time and learned a lot! This year we are doing the vocal tracks (instead of the orchestra one like last year), so it has been easier to prepare the music, which was nice because I have been quite busy lately with life in general. The "theme" for this festival is Americana. The directors selected "Shenandoah," "Jesus, My All, to Heaven Is Gone," and "The Last Words of David" for the numbers that the entire group will sing (SATB), "The Cowboy Carol" (a combination of "The Old Chisholm Trail," "Whoopee Ti Yi Yo, Git Along Little Doggies," and "Home on the Range") for the guys (TTBB), and "God Bless America" & "Pretty Polly Oliver" for the ladies choir (SSAA). We are looking forward to it, and I am really excited about most of the songs! :) They sound really pretty!


If you want to, you can keep track of AE and the things going on down there on the AE blog: http://www.advancedexcel.blogspot.com/. Also, if you have time, we love getting mail, right!?! I can't promise to write back right away, but if you want to drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you!

I just thought of the hymn "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again" when I was trying to decide what to label this post. I really love that hymn's sweet message! Look at the words sometime when you get a chance!

Praying that all of you will have a good night's sleep, and a special week in our Lord's service!!
Love you lots!!

No comments: