Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello fellow team-6-mates!

Here I am once again, at the DMC in lovely Dallas, Texas. I must say, that the place is quite different without our whole team here, but Kim is working staff for two weeks and I understand that several of you might come to work staff later on in the course. I certainly hope so and very much looking forward to seeing you again!

By the way, I adore Advanced EXCEL! We’ve learned so much, and have had a ton of fun to boot! J It’s wonderful (of course!) to be around Chrissy again and she is an amazing leader (also of course!) and doing a fabulous job of helping us to be better writers. I’m really enjoying her class.
Grace is wonderful and I’m really enjoying getting to know her better. She is teaching us Speech and I gave my first speech (ever!) last week for class. It was on computers. I definitely have a long way to go in learning to make speeches.
Lauren is leading our discussion group reading The Rest of the Gospel. We haven’t really read much out of it yet, but we have had really interesting discussions! She also does most of the morning Wisdom Searches and they’re very thought-provoking. (Even at 6:30am!) We have lots of fun discussing just about anything. J

I don’t have a whole lot of time to write, assignments you know, but one thing that I really want to leave you all with is a reminder to trust. The other day, Chrissy did a Wisdom Search on Isaiah 45:2-3 “I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and the hidden riches of the secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by name, am the God of Israel.”
God is going before us to make the crooked places straight, to break the gates and the bars, and to give us the treasures and the hidden riches. He calls us by name, and He knows every little thing about us. He is our God. This was really encouraging to me, and I hope that it is to you too. J
Hope you all have an amazing day!
Love and blessings,
~Alaina

No comments: