Monday, August 17, 2009

Chrissy...


She's been my leader.


My influencer.


My comforter.


My strength.


My encouragement.


My shoulder to cry on.


My ear to listen.


My random happy place.


She's the one that I cannot hide from. (Even when I try!)


She is one of the biggest ways that my God tells me that He loves me.


She is my friend.


She is my Chrissy.


Happy birthday dearest!


I love you.


Like a bird without wings,
that longs to be flying
Like a motherless child,
left lonely and crying
Like a song without words
Like a world without music
I wouldn't know what to do,
I'd be lost without you
watching over me.

Non nobis Domine!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful, Alaina, and so very true!!! I didn't see it until today, but I agree whole heartedly and could not have said it more eloquently.

I love you, Chrissy!!!

Unknown said...

i would have to agree as well... I am the person i am today because of the influence that you have had one... Chrissy... I love you so much!