Tuesday, December 2, 2008

...that was close

Wow, haha, I seriously almost forgot that it was my turn to blog! I have been looking forward to it for the last two weeks, but somehow it nearly passed me by. That would have been very excel-ish to forget... (can we get projects if we're late, Chrissy? :P)

Oh yes, and just as warning... there are two things that I pretty much always do when I write something online, so I just want you to be prepared.
numbero uno is the dots.... I just.... I don't know... do lots of the dot, dot, dot's.
and numbero dos.... to make smiley faces easier, I often omit the the little :'s and just make my smiley faces in the following way:
)))))))))))))))
It's pretty fun to do)))
So yes. Those are my two vices when it comes to blogging.

Ok, moving on. Life after EXCEL has been different, but I almost feel like I never left home... it's been mundane, but not insignificant. It's one of those in-between, where-do-I-go-from-here chapters in my life. I keep talking to myself, talking to God about what I am supposed to do now, and sGod really challenged me at EXCEL to be a person who cares about those around me. It was easy at EXCEL, because when you're living with 60 girls, someone is always hurting... they're always someone to help... but now that I'm back home... I feel like God is asking me again to be about other people, but now it's more of a challenge, because I can't just sit around and wait for an opportunity to come to me. But now, I have to read people (mwahah, yay for psycho-analyzing people without them knowing it.... but hey, if they get a free hug, they'll be thankful), or call people up, or sit and talk to people when I know I'm tired or have school to catch up on. So yea... that's one thing God's been asking me to do.... be more proactive about serving people. I think there's a verse somewhere about people hiding their eyes from the needy.. sometimes I realize I'm one of those people hiding their eyes... or maybe just too lazy to open my eyes in the first place....

There are a million things that I could probably ramble about all night, but I just want to mention a couple more things....

Last week the most awesome thing ever happened.
I have been thinking for a long time that I want to hear God's voice. So last Monday, out of no where a thought came to my head (I don't know where it came from...) and I wondered... would I rather hear God's voice or get my dream camera and a bmx bike (two things that I have been wanting for a really, really long time). It may sound shallow, but it really took a lot of thinking. So after a while I decided that I'd rather hear God's voice, and pretty much decided that unless they dropped in my lap, I wasn't going to worry about getting the bmx bike or camera that I have been wanting and gave those up to God. The next day, my Mom and I were shopping, and my Mom said that we should check Sears for cameras. I basically said, "Ok, but Sears never has any good deals." We went in, and it so happens that the new Canon models are coming in, so the old ones are on sale. They had my dream camera, a Canon Xti (which was originally $700) for $450. I was pretty interested, so we asked the sales guy some questions and it turned out that they only had one left, the display. Because it was the display, I got 10% off, and ended up paying $400.
It's situations like this that make me feel so stupid for not always being willing to let God be in control. It's like.... OH NO! I DON'T WANT TO BE BLESSED! I'M HAPPY WITH SECOND BEST. I'm just so happy to be cramped up in a dirty basement instead of staying at the Hyatt hotel that has the elevator that goes up to the 28th floor (hehe).

I wonder what would have happened if I decided that God's voice was less important than a couple of toys.. I'm guess that I wouldn't have my camera. :)

Wow, this got long!
Anyway, I love you all so much.... I can't wait to read all of your blog entries!!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, Megan, that is so cool about your camera!
Your post was a big encouragement to me because that's exactly what God is asking me to do but I'm just like "God, I'm not with 60+ girls anymore and I just can't tell if someone's hurting or not." But, like you said about hiding our eyes, I don't think I even opened them in the first place. I love you Megan! You're totally awesome in so many ways!

Alaina said...

I love you Megan! Your insight is such an encouragement and an inspriation to me! I miss you so much!
Thank you for sharing that! :) I needed to hear it!
w/♥ ~Alaina