Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Second Timothy Two Verses Twenty & Twenty-One

Hello, dear friends! I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts, as it is a fun way to keep in touch and see what you've been doing lately! I am so glad that God put me on the team that He did!!
My friend Rachel came over today, and we enjoyed spending time together while we made matching skirts for her three little sisters! (Rachel had made one for herself last year, and she had just enough fabric left over to make adorable little skirts for her adorable little sisters! :) They are black flare skirts with a stitched white flower pattern and white eyelet godets. Rachel and I had a nice time of fellowship, and I had a great time making stuff for little girls, which is not something that I get to do very often! :)
Babysitting, teaching recorder, and life at home still continue, and I am enjoying my time at home while it still lasts. God is faithful and His love never changes. Though the circumstances that engulf our lives here on earth may fluctuate as rapidly as the weather, God Himself never changes or wavers, and whether we are tempering a raging storm or sailing peacefully into a sunset, He is always there to protect, direct, and guide us into the safe and steady harbor of His everlasting love.
I have been enjoying memorizing II Timothy chapter 2 with "Journey to the Heart and friends." That is one of my all time favorite chapters (and has been for a very long time), and I am enjoying the opportunity to get to know it better with the "Journey Challenge" of memorizing its twenty-six verses in the first twenty-six days of January! The verses for today and tomorrow are verses 14 & 15 which say:
"Of these things put them in remembrance,
charging them before the Lord
that they strive not about words to no profit,
but to the subverting of the hearers.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth."
The first verse has been a good reminder to me of how important the words that we speak are to God, and the second is a good reminder of how important it is that as daughters of the King we are "above reproach," which, I might add, requires a considerable amount of effort on our part. I am so thankful that we serve a just and merciful God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever!!
As a conclusion, I'd like to post my two absolute favorite verses from II Timothy 2. (I think that I've included them before, but oh well.)
"But in a great house
there are not only vessels of gold and of silver,
but also of wood and of earth;
and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
If a man therefore purge himself from these,
he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified,
and meet for the master’s use,
and prepared unto every good work."
II Timothy 2:20-21
God's blessings to you all dear sisters, and may God bless you all with sweet dreams and you bask in the radiance of His presence and sleep peacefully in His everlasting arms! Lots of love!

No comments: